– from the Beltway go South on MD 185 (Connecticut Ave)
– proceed South, past Chevy Chase circle
– pass Albemarle Street
– make a left onto Tilden Street
– make a right at Linnean Ave (Spring of Freedom Street), the park is at the endof the loop (next to the Hungarian Embassy).
– take the Red Line metro to the Van Ness – UDC station- after exiting the Red Line Van Ness – UDC station, the escalators lead up to
– head South towards downtown on Connecticut
– pass Van Ness Street and traffic light
– at the next traffic light turn left on to Tilden Street head all the way down
on Tilden, but before you come across a little bridge and traffic light, turn
right (to your left you will see The Rock Creek Gallery and the Pierce Mill, to
your right you will find the Hungarian Embassy, the picnic area is across from
Lot 1 of Rock Creek park is across the street from the Hungarian Embassy.